Construction Expert Witness And Consultant To The Legal Profession: Defense / Plaintiff
HAS BEEN EMPLOYED AS AN EXPERT WITNESS
IN OVER 2400 CASES.
California General Contractor license # 348195, (since 1957)
CONSTRUCTION & DEVELOPMENT:
Defense / Plaintiff, testimony ranging from construction costs, quantity analysis and survey, including complete cost breakdown procedures from both plans and completed structures. Standard industry practices. Safety standards. Plans and specifications deviations analysis. Construction defects investigations. General Type V and Class A construction defects analysis. Analysis of waterproofing systems and design remediation. CPM scheduling and delays. Damagesr calculations. Foundation, slope and retaining wall failure. Grading, compaction, backfilling and waterproofing. Real estate development entitlement processing. Real estate due diligence.
heads a superb team of highly experienced forensic experts and
consultants who offer banks, insurance companies and the legal
following related services in
construction defects related cases:
* GENERAL CONTRACTING
* HEATING & A/C ENGINEERING
* PLUMBING ENGINEERING
* CIVIL ENGINEERING
* ROOFING & WATERPROOFING
* SOILS ENGINEERING
* GEOLOGICAL ENGINEERING
* ACOUSTIC ENGINEERING
* WINDOWS & DOORS
* STUCCO & PLASTER
* CONCRETE & STEEL
deposition, arbitration / mediation and court experience. Have
lectured on the Construction Expert. s Role In Dispute Resolution
and Construction Defects at numerous law firms and Bar
Associations. Lecture approved by California
State Bar for MCLE credit. Have written numerous articles
for publication including many for the Daily Journal on construction
Both National and International experience.
RECENTLY COMPLETED COURSES
University of Southern California at Los Angeles, University of
California at Los Angeles, Santa Monica City College, ICBO &
Roof Consultants Institute
Estimating, Pricing & Bidding Strategies for Commercial
Fundamentals of Construction Costs & Estimating.
Developing & Utilizing the Critical Path Method.
Construction Planning & Management Systems.
moving Operations & Productivity.
Aspects of Construction Projects & Contract Writing.
Center Design & Development.
Design & Development.
Win in the Shopping Center Game.
Income Property for Fun & Profit.
Preventing Injury in the Workplace.
Developing a Successful HUD Project.
Wastes & Toxic Materials Removal.
Insulation & Finish Systems.
Portland Cement Plastering.
Coating & Waterproofing.
Sealants, Glazing & Waterproofing.
Installation in Wood Frame Construction.
Envelope Waterproofing & Testing.
1998 Nonstuctural U.B.C. (Update)
1998 Structural U.B.C. (Update)
of the Uniform Building Code.
Structures I Analysis of
SOME OF THE LAW FIRMS THAT HAVE
UTILIZED OUR SERVICES:
- Ball, Hunt, Hart & Brown, Defense/Plaintiff, 4525 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, Ca.
- Bodkin, McCarthy, Sargent & Smith, Defense, 707 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, 90017.
- Callaham, McCune & Willis, Defense, 111 Fashion Lane, Tustin, 92780
- Castro & Worthge, LLP, Plaintiff 11766 Wilshire Blvd., #250 Los Angeles, 90025
- Fainsbert Mase & Snyder, LLP. Plaintiff, 11835 W. Olympic Blvd., #1100
LA. Ca 90064.
- Finley, Kumble & Wagner, et al. Def/Pltif, 9100 Wilshire Blvd., B H, Ca 90210.
- Goe & Forsythe, LLP, 3 Civic Plaza, #280, Newport Beach, Ca 92660.
- Grace, Skdeypec, Cosgrove & Scheirm, Defense, 5700 Wilshire Blvd., LA.
- Greenberg & Bass, Defense, 16000 Ventura Blvd., #1000 Encino, Cal. 91436.
- Haight Brown & Bonesteel, Defense, 1620 26th St. Santa Monica, Ca
- Ives, Kirwan & Dibble, Defense, 520 So. Grand Ave. 4th Fl. Los Angeles, 90071
- Joel Cibener Esq., Defense/Plaintiff, 301 N. Canon Drive, Beverly Hills Ca 90210.
- Kinkle, Rodiger & Spriggs, Defense, 837 N. Ross St., Santa Ana, Ca
- Kirtland & Packard, Defense, 1900 Ave of the Stars, Los Angeles, Ca
- Kilik, Gottesman & Mouton., Plaintiff 1880 Century Park East, LA, Ca 90067.
- Knopfler & Robertson, LLP. Plaintiff, 21650 Oxnard St. #500,
Woodland Hills, Ca 91367.
- Kolod & Wager, Defense, 16000 Ventura Blvd., 5th Fl., Encino, Ca 91436
- Krivis, Passovoy & Spile, Defense, 16830 Ventura Blvd., Encino Ca 91436.
- Larry Klugman Esq., Plaintiff 9201 W. Olympic Blvd., Beverly Hills, Ca 90210.
- Laughlin, Falbo Levy & Moresi, Defense, 402 W. Broadway, #1950, SD,
- Laughlin, Falbo Levy & Moresi, Defense, 200 Los Robles Ave. #500,
Pasadena, Ca 91101
- Lebovits & David, Plaintiff, 2049 Century Park East #3100, LA Cal 90067.
- Lorber, Grady, Farley & Volk, Defense, 11665 Avenue Place, San Diego Ca 92128.
- Lorenz, Alhadeff, Cannon & Rose, Defence, 550 W. C. St., San Diego
- McIntosh & Gomes, Defense, 1940 East Deere Ave. #200 Santa Ana, Ca 92705.
- Mitchell, Silverberg & Knupp, Def/Pltif, 11377 W. Olympic Blvd., LA, Ca 90064.
- Mower, Koeller, Nebeker et al, Defense, 225 Broadway, San Diego, 92101.
- Murchison & Cumming, Defense, 750 B Street, San Diego, Ca 92101.
- Murchison & Cumming, Defense, 801 So. Grand., Los Angeles, Ca 90017.
- Mandel, Pillemer & Joseph, Defense, 16600 Sherman Way, #200, Van Nuys,
- Osborn & Patton, Defense, 10990 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, Ca 90024.
- Parker, Covert & Chidester, 17862 East Seventeenth St. #204, Tustin, Ca 92780
- Rawlings, Olson & Cannon, Defense, 301 East Clark Ave., Las Vegas,
- Richard Stone Esq., Defense, 9440 Santa Monica Blvd., Beverly Hills. Ca
- Rabineau, Law offices of Larry, Plaintiff, 11500 Olympic Blvd., #400, WLA
- Sellman, Breitman, Defense, 11766 Wilshire Blvd., LA Ca 90025.
- Spray, Gould & Bowers, Defense, 1000 Hill Rd., #300, Ventura, Ca. 93008
- Sherlock, Sinatra & Felchlin, Defense, 301 N. Lake Ave. #1100.Pasadena, Cal 91109
- Tyre, Kamins, Katz & Granof, Defense, 1840 Century Park East, 8th Fl. LA, 90067
- Van & Ralphs, Chtrd., Defense, 1346 Decatur Blvd., Las Vegas, Nevada
- Vannah, Costello, Howard & Canepa, Defense, 1850 E. Flamingo, Las Vegas,
- Veatch, Carlson, Grogan & Nelson, Defense, 3926 Wilshire Blvd., Los
- Wasserman, Comden & Casselman, Def/Pltif, 5567 Reseda Blvd., Tarzana,
- Williams & Martinet, Plaintiff, 150 Spear Street, San Francisco. Ca 94105.
- Wilson, Elser, Moskowitz, et al, Defense, 1055 West 7th St. Los Angeles,
- Wilson, Kenna & Borys, Defense, 11075 Santa Monica Blvd., LA 90025.
- Wingert, Grebing, Anello & Brubaker,
Defense, One America Plaza, San Diego, Ca 92101
1981 - Present:
A) Managing General Partner, The Solender Group, owners and managers of shopping centers in Southern California. Our portfolio includes only shopping centers containing both a super market and a drug store together with shop space.
B) General building contractor, developer, quantity surveyor, cost estimator.
C) Expert witness in over 1000 cases, representing both Plaintiff & Defense. Have testifies in both State and Federal court as an expert in the field of construction defects cases, 79 times.
D) Have been senior investment property consultant for the following companies:
- Bradbury & Co. 16164 Ventura Blvd. Studio City Ca 91604
- James R. Gary, East, Ltd. 4400 Coldwater Canyon Ave., Studio City, Ca.
- Monteleone & Associates 14235 Ventura Blvd., Sherman Oaks, Ca.
- Gribin von Dyl 4717 Van Nuys Blvd., Sherman Oaks, Ca.
- Cushman & Wakefield 1801 Century Park East, Los Angeles, Ca.
- Merrill Lynch Realty 11828 San Vicente Blvd., West Los Angeles Ca.
- Rothschild Realty 1180 So. Beverly Dr.
Los Angeles, Ca.
E) Have been deposed 279 times.
A) Chairman of the Board and Chief Operating Officer for Solender & Co. Inc., real estate developers; real estate sales and exchanges.
During this period the Company constructed and developed small housing tracts, low and high-rise apartment buildings, condominium and townhouse projects, low and high-rise office buildings, shopping centers, industrial buildings and large custom homes. Since 1968, all construction has been for our own account.
A) About 75% of our gross construction business was as a contractor for others. "B" license. During this period, we built many custom homes in Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Bel Air, Hancock Park, and Holmby Hills on both a cost plus as well as a fixed cost basis. In addition we built over four million square feet of industrial concrete tilt-up buildings for The Overmier Warehouse Company.
A) Construction superintendent, specializing in concrete structures. "A" license. Mostly sub-terranean parking structures under office and apartment buildings.
A) Emigrated from England to Los Angeles
TWENTY-FOUR (24) HOUR NOTICE IS REQUIRED TO CANCEL DEPOSITIONS, MEDIATION OR ARBITRATIONS TO AVOID A 4 HOUR REGULAR RATE FEE CANCELLATION CHARGE. WORK DONE ON HOLIDAYS AND WEEKENDS ARE BILLED 1.5 THE REGULAR RATE.
Examination and Review of Specifications Plans, Submittals, Technical Documents, Reading and Other Consulting Services:
|$285.00 per hr. M. Solender
||$325.00 per hr. S. Solender
|MEDIATION & ARBITRATION:
||$375.00 per hr. M. Solender
||$375.00 per hr. S. Solender
|DEPOSITIONS & COURT TESTIMONY
|IN LOS ANGELES:
||MINIMUM FEE (Four (4) Hours) $475 per hr. $1,900.00 Michael Solender
||$400 per hr. $1,600.00 Stephen Solender
OUT OF TOWN:
(over 100 miles from TSG offices in L.A. )
|MINIMUM FEE (Eight (8) Hours) $475.00 per hr. $3,800.00 Michael Solender
||$450.00 per hr $3,600.00 Stephen Solender
Time and half for all work and or appearances performed on national holidays. When case work is required outside the Southern California area, travel & lodging expenses are paid for in advance by the client.
A retainer is required for all work. The amount of the retainer will vary, depending on the nature and complexity of the case. All retainers will be credited to the final invoice.
Services are invoiced monthly. Payment is due and payable on receipt of invoice.
All expense reimbursements will be charged to the client / law firm at 1.2 times cost.
Contracting ] [ Architectural ]
[ Heating/AC] [Plumbing] [Roofing]
[ Sound] [Landscape]
[ Microbiology/Fungi] [About TSG ]
[ Sign Guest Book ]
[ Contact TSG ]
Inquiries and comments are
Copyright 2012, The Solender